(Respect Integrity Spirit Excellence)
McLane High School, built in 1959, is one of twelve high schools in the Fresno Unified School District, and is the head of a region that also includes two middle schools and ten elementary schools. McLane has a unique campus layout and offer a collegiate atmosphere for students with the campus being built around a large outdoor park. McLane is home to multiple programs including Career Technical Education Pathways and Army JROTC. McLane is also home to the district Dual Immersion program and offers bilingual students core content courses in Hmong and Spanish to provide students the opportunity to have 20% to 40% of their instructional day in non-English speaking academic courses. McLane High is a relationship centered school that partners with community agencies to provide ongoing support in development of student leadership and civic participation. As a school, McLane utilizes restorative practices and Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) as the basis for building positive relationships with our students and community which has created a congenital campus atmosphere in which teacher and student collaborate and work together to improve student learning outcomes.
Pathways & Programs
- Academy of Finance & Entrepreneurship: a Linked Learning pathway that focuses on two emphasis – Small Business and Entrepreneurship and Banking and Finance. Students in this pathway will develop a moral compass who will exhibit the qualities of integrity, interpersonal communication, industry competency, compassion, and emotional intelligence with a passion for customer service and financial literacy. Students in this pathway also have opportunities to experience hands-on projects and interact with businesses from financial institutions as well as local, statewide, and nationwide corporations.
- Medical Education & Research Academy: a Linked Learning pathway and NAF Academy preparing students for a career in health science and medical technology with an emphasis in patient care. Students in this pathway will attain the necessary skills for success in the patient care environment, while having opportunities to experience hands-on projects and interact with healthcare and medical professionals.
- ArtVenture Production Academy: a California Partnership Academy focuses on Arts, Media, and Entertainment with an emphasis in Production and Managerial Arts. Students in this pathway will attain the necessary skills for success i n the field of video production, live broadcasting, and directing. Students in this pathway also have opportunities to experience hands-on projects and interact with local and state businesses partners from the digital media, arts, and design industry.
- Teacher Academy: a CTE pathway that focuses on education and teaching. Students in this pathway will attain the necessary skills for success in the field of teaching, counseling, and paraprofessionals. Students in this pathway also have opportunities to experience hands-on projects and interact with the school district and other local educational institutions in the Fresno County area.
- Dual Language Immersion Program: The Spanish Dual Language Immersion (DLI) program fosters bilingualism, biliteracy, enhanced awareness of linguistic and cultural diversity, and develops strong cognitive, social, and emotional identity. Spanish/English Dual Language Immersion Program is a challenging academic program, which offers students the exciting opportunity of being bilingual and bi-literate and becoming academically successful in both English and Spanish. The Program brings together students from English and Spanish language backgrounds to learn academic content through instruction in both languages. All students are provided with a standards based curriculum that is focused on bilingual and bi-literate academic achievement.
- Army JROTC: a program designed to teach students the value of citizenship, leadership, service to the community, personal responsibility, and a sense of accomplishment, while instilling in them self-esteem, teamwork, and self-discipline.