What is Linked Learning?
Linked Learning provides career technical courses integrated with rigorous academics, and combines career-based learning and real-world experiences to make daily learning relevant. Geared for high school students, career oriented pathways such as engineering, health care, law and social justice, and business expose students to possible college and career opportunities while addressing employer needs.
Four Principles of Linked Learning
- Rigorous Academics with Core Subjects Integration
- Career Technical Education (CTE)
- Work-Based Learning (WBL)
- Integrated System of Students’ Supports
The Structure of Linked Learning Pathways
- A clear Vision, Mission, and Outcomes
- A Four-Year Program of Study
- Three Courses Linked with a central theme (Career Technical Education, English, and Science/Social Studies)
- Integrated interdisciplinary projects through Project-Based Learning with Industry Business Partners
The Benefits of Being in a Pathway
- Skills learned will not only be used for education based careers
- The skills developed will help you succeed in your professional and educational career.
- Hands-on learning will bring relevance to what is being taught in the classroom.
- You will develop “soft-skills” that employers are looking for from potential employees.
- Networking with powerful community partners.
- Job shadowing
- Work experience through paid internships and community classrooms
- Earn college credits through Dual Enrollment with State Center Community College District
- Opportunity to earn industry certifications related to a specific industry sector
CTE Linked Learning Pathways at McLane High
Linked Learning Pathway Enrollment
- Pathway Enrollment is based on CTE Elective Enrollment Choice
- All Pathways has an Open Enrollment policy open to all students
Brochures & Handouts
Dual Enrollment with Fresno City College
Coordinator, College & Career Readiness
Tel: (559) 248-5635
The Academy of Finance & Entrepreneurship and Medical Education & Research Academy are members of the National Academy Foundation (NAF)
The Medical Education & Research Academy is recognized as a Distinguish Academy by the National Academy Foundation (NAF).