This pathway is designed for students who are interested in a career in the education field. McLane’s Teacher Academy Pathway Program offers experiences in different aspects of educating and coaching. In addition to real-world internship opportunities, you’ll find an excellent college preparation environment that provides multiple options upon graduation.
The vision of the Teacher Academy is to build an educational workforce as part of the teacher pipeline for Fresno Unified School District and other educational institutions in the Central Valley
The mission of the Teacher Academy is to inspire McLane students to demonstrate the commitment and passion to serve students in our community and effectively prepare them to be leaders in education.
- Students who are proficient in the use of digital tools and technology with focus on the educational and child development.
- Demonstration of effective verbal, written and digital communication skills; ability to effectively function in a team format; demonstrates empathetic listening strategies, and focused strategies needed for success in an educational-related environment.
- Proficiency in application of analytical and systematic approaches for problem solving in the challenging environment in the educational field.
- Organizational and prioritization strategies for work and assigned projects.
- Strategies for self-reflection and self-analysis skills to continue the development of the student towards self-actualization and life-long professional development.
- Demonstrates characteristics of justice, fairness, and personal responsibility while exuding the qualities of compassion, caring and relational capacity necessary for success.
Program of Study
|Grade Level||Grade 9||Grade 10||Grade 11||Grade 12|
|Required Courses||Digital Media & Design||Cross-Age PE||Teacher Academy:|
The Universal Career
|Intro to Education|
- ESSA Paraeducator Assessment
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- IC3 Core Digital Literacy
- California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
- Wishon Elementary
- Yosemite Middle School
- California Teaching Fellows
- McLane High School Dual Immersion Program
- Fresno Unified Teacher Academy
- After School Programs
Teacher, Education Careers
Coordinator II, College & Career Readiness
Tel: (559) 248-5635